If you find yourself in extreme pain or experience a sudden change in your mouth or jaw, it probably constitutes a dental emergency. The important thing to do if you find yourself in a dental emergency is to stay composed and contact the Thornton Dental team as soon as possible.
If you have a dental concern but are unsure whether it is an emergency, we still recommend giving Thornton Dental a call to enquire about your concern. Our team of highly qualified admin staff will be able to assess your dental distress and determine the urgency of treatment.
Provided you act quickly when accidents happen, you can save your dental health and even teeth! If you are in the Thornton region and need an emergency dentist, phone ahead and we will have one waiting.
What constitutes a dental emergency?
- Severe tooth ache
- A Broken or cracked tooth
- Severe pain in your gums/jaw
- A tooth being knocked out
- Denture repairs
- Sports injuries
Things to do if a tooth is knocked out
- For a clean tooth – place the tooth straight back in to the socket. The tooth should be held by its upper part (crown part) not by the root
- For a dirty tooth – wash the tooth in milk or saliva, by gently placing it in the mouth, and place the tooth back into the socket
- If you can’t manage to place the tooth back into the socket – place the tooth in milk or gently wrap in plastic.
Emergency Dentist in Thornton
We understand that patients who are genuinely in a dental emergency need priority attention. That’s why we try to keep some daily space available in our appointment books for patients requiring an emergency dentist.
Same Day Dental Emergency Service at Thornton Dental
If you are in pain, visit us here at Thornton Dental as soon as possible. We provide same-day appointments for dental emergency cases and offer comprehensive care for almost any types of dental emergencies. Our experienced and responsive dental team provides treatment in a caring and compassionate manner.
Every effort will be made to treat you the same day. For reliable and world-class dental emergency care in Thornton, see us here at Thornton Dental.
Same Day Emergency Guaranteed! Contact us on (02) 4966 2996.
Request an Appointment