Tooth decay is caused by an accumulation of plaque.
If this plaque is not brushed away with regular (twice daily) cleaning, it will turn into tartar – an accumulation of bacteria that requires a professional scale and clean to remove.
Tartar slowly erodes the tooth enamel, causing holes that make your teeth susceptible to tooth decay.
If left untreated, tooth decay can cause severe pain and discomfort, and lead to other conditions such as inflamed pulp and periodontal disease, which can result in tooth loss!
At Thornton Dental, we combat tooth decay with the help of dental fillings that seal the tooth from further damage.
Regular dental check-ups often reduce the need for tooth restorations. At Thornton Dental, we use only the highest quality materials that have unsurpassed durability.
Tooth Fillings Procedure
- The dentist will remove the decay, prepare the tooth, and condition the tooth enamel.
- Composite resin will be applied and bonded to the prepared tooth. The strength of the composite filling is improved with bonding.
- Once the restoration is placed, the dentist will complete the treatment by hardening the resin with a special light, for a prescribed period of time.
After the procedure, you can go back to your normal routine. Tooth sensitivity may occur when you consume hot or cold foods, but this should only last for a few days.
If the sensitivity lingers for more than a week, which is a very rare case, then you should see your dentist as soon as possible.
The good news is that the tooth is restored to normal after the filling treatment. It will still look natural in shape, form and size because the tooth matches the colour of adjacent teeth in your mouth.
The Benefits of White Fillings
- Little tooth preparation
- A non-invasive preventative, restorative, and cosmetic dental procedure
- The procedure is fast and painless
- Matches the natural shade of your teeth
- Bonds and supports the tooth’s remaining structure
- Helps prevent further damage to the tooth
- Insulates the composite treated tooth from extreme temperature changes
High-quality and Long-lasting Tooth Fillings at Thornton Dental
Does your tooth show signs of decay? Then consult your dentist at Thornton Dental today to learn about available treatment options for your dental problem.
For decayed, chipped, or cracked teeth your Thornton Dental dentist may recommend tooth fillings to restore tooth strength and aesthetics.
Find out if you are a good candidate for tooth fillings by visiting Thornton Dental.
New Patients Promotions
Pay No Gap: No Gap for dental checkup, clean, fluoride & 2 x-rays (with any health insurance)
No Health Insurance: Only $145 ($95 for kids) for Checkup, Clean & Fluoride
We are located at 9/1 Taylor Ave in Thornton.