At Thornton Dental, we don’t like to tell a patient, “That tooth needs to be pulled.” But if you are a patient in the Brisbane area who has recently lost a tooth or requires an extraction? We have great options for your tooth replacement, including, bridges, dentures and often best, dental implants.
People sometimes think of dental implants as a cosmetic treatment but dental implants have more advantages than you can see only on the surface.
Dental implants are surgically inserted into the bone where the tooth root used to be. They are usually a titanium alloy screw for a tooth root with a dental crown fitted on top to complete the procedure.
This creates a permanent replacement tooth with almost the exact characteristics of the original tooth.
Why Get Dental Implants
- Improved Appearance.Dental implants look and feel like your own natural teeth. When teeth are lost, shrinkage of the jawbone occurs degrading dental health making the face look older. Dental implants can slow or stop this process.
- Increased Comfort.Dental implants eliminate the pain and discomfort of removable full or partial dentures.
- Improved Speech.Dental implants allow you to speak without the worry that dentures might slip, or missing teeth might lead to strange sounds.
- Improved Self Esteem. You regain nearly all the capabilities that most people have with natural teeth, giving you renewed confidence, and allowing you to enjoy life, do what everyone else is doing and not think twice about it.
- Eat Better.Dental implants can restore chewing efficiency comparable to that of natural teeth. The average denture patient eats at 15-20% efficiency compared to a person with natural teeth. Over time, if the gap is not filled, your chewing efficiency is reduced even more.
- ConvenienceDental implants can eliminate the inconveniences of partial and full dentures. No gooey denture adhesives or the need to cover your mouth when you laugh or smile.
- Protects Your Natural Teeth. Dental implants normally eliminate the need to modify these teeth, resulting in a conservative, yet aesthetic restoration. With conventional bridgework, teeth surrounding missing teeth must be ground down.
Why is Thornton Dental Your Best Choice for Dental Implants
At Thornton Dental our first mission is to save your natural teeth if possible. If they cannot be saved, we can recommend options including dental implants.
Determining if you are an appropriate candidate for dental implants includes a complete visual examination, X-rays, and perhaps even iCat 3D imaging.
If sufficient bone density or the periodontal health is not present, implants might still be an option after bone grafts and gum tissue augmentation through periodontal grafts.
At Thornton Dental we perform bone and periodontal grafts in the comfort of our office. Additional time to let the bone and/or gums heal properly before we proceed with the implant procedure is necessary.
Installing dental implants requires careful drilling of preliminary holes prior to implant insertion. These “tap holes” need to be drilled at exact angles.
The drills must have precise speed control to prevent any overheating of the bone, which can damage the cells that are required for the osseointegration (implant bone-bonding). If the cells are damaged the implant may be rejected by the bone.
At Thornton Dental we use the finest, most modern tools, techniques, and sterilization processes to ensure the safest and most efficient treatment possible. Our staff are trained, experienced, and up to date in all the most modern dental procedures.
Implants can be done quickly – even as quickly as one visit. However, we generally take our time. We want to be certain that osseointegration happens without any complications.
In certain cases the procedure can be accelerated, as we always try to accommodate the specific needs of our patients on a case-by-case basis.
Your Trusted Dentist in Thornton
If you are looking for a trusted and qualified dental practice in Thornton, please visit us at Thornton Dental. We offer a comprehensive range of dental services and use the latest technology to offer you exceptional dental care!
Claim your FREE Dental Implants Consultation
Dental Implants Resource
FREE GUIDE TO DENTAL IMPLANTS NOW AVAILABLE
Get your copy of the ultimate patient guide to dental implants today!