The dentist will ask if you have any specific concerns or issues with your teeth, gums, or the appearance of your smile. Next they will assess the current condition of your teeth and gums. During your check-up the dentist may request that digital dental X-rays be taken of your teeth and gums.
As part of your ongoing dental maintenance program, your dentist may offer a scale and clean to remove tartar build-up. A professionally applied fluoride application will assist in reduction of dental decay and decrease the sensitivity of your teeth.
Why Choose Us For Your Routine Check-ups?
- We are committed to promoting good dental health and the education of all patients, helping them achieve a beautiful and healthy smile for life.
- All our procedures are performed using state-of-the-art equipment in a modern, friendly dental facility, which offers the convenience of extended open hours.
- At Thornton Dental, sterilization and infection control practices are subject to the highest quality standards for the health and safety of patients, employees, and dental practitioners.
- We are passionate about educating adults and kids about dental care.
What Does A Check-Up And Teeth Cleaning Involve?
Your dentist at Thornton Dental will examine your teeth using special tools. If further examination is needed, the dentist will take X-rays and photographs. A treatment may be required, which will be administered right away or else another appointment is made.
Your teeth will be professionally and thoroughly cleaned to remove the plaque and tartar build-up as well as food stains. This keeps your teeth polished and your mouth exceptionally clean and fresh. Next, a fluoride treatment is applied to prevent the development of decay and cavities.
Aside from check-ups and professional dental cleans, your dental team at Thornton Dental will also advise you on proper oral hygiene habits and good nutrition, giving you strategies you can use at home to facilitate prevention of dental problems.
Your dentist at Thornton Dental recommends that you visit us every 6 months for a routine dental check-up and cleaning.
Ensure A Lifetime of Healthy Smiles at Thornton Dental
You can prevent painful and costly dental procedures by regularly visiting your dental team at Thornton Dental. If it’s been a long time since your last check-up, make an appointment with us today for a check-up and teeth cleaning at our Thornton clinic.
Our Check-up Offers
- NO GAP Check-up and clean for patients with Available Health Fund Limits
- No insurance? Only $145 for Check-up, Clean & Fluoride