Dentistry is no longer just the practice of filling cavities and taking out teeth.
Today, many people turn to cosmetic dentistry, sometimes called ‘aesthetic dentistry’, as a way to improve their appearance.
They do this just as they might use cosmetic surgery, new clothes, or even a new hairstyle to enhance their look.
What is cosmetic dentistry? Cosmetic dentistry is professional dental care focused on improving the aesthetics of your mouth, teeth, and smile.
And while cosmetic dentistry procedures are typically elective, rather than necessary, some cosmetic dental treatments also provide restorative benefits.
At Thornton Dental, we offer a complete menu of cosmetic dental procedures, the most popular of which we introduce in this guide to cosmetic dentistry.
Thornton Dental and cosmetic dentistry
Below are just some of the tremendous cosmetic treatments we offer:
- Tooth whitening is one of the most popular ways to improve your smile by lightening the existing shade of your natural teeth. This effective and straightforward treatment can be carried out at Thornton Dental or in the comfort of your home.
Tooth whitening is non-invasive, requiring no drilling or removal of the tooth surface. At Thornton Dental you can choose the Zoom teeth whitening or regular teeth whitening. Zoom teeth whitening takes less than an hour with resulting shade eight times brighter.
- Veneers are thin layers of ceramic or composite resin tooth-coloured material. They are wafer-thin, custom-made shells of tooth-coloured materials designed to cover the front surface of teeth to improve the appearance of a tooth or to protect the tooth surface from damage.
- Orthodontic treatment. People with bite or alignment issues are ideal candidates for orthodontic treatment.
Orthodontic treatment focuses on correcting the position of teeth and alignment of jaws. At Thornton Dental we offer two approaches to treatment, fixed braces and removable braces.
Fixed braces or conventional braces are composed of bands and brackets, which are glued to teeth using a special adhesive to hold wires in place.
The wires apply pressure on your teeth while moving them into position gradually and slowly throughout the treatment.
Advantages of fixed braces:
- Ideal for children, adolescents, and adults
- Corrects bite effectively
Removable braces can be taken in and out of the mouth. They are usually made of delicate wires with springs attached.
Like fixed braces, removable braces move teeth using gentle pressure. These types of dental braces are used for minor orthodontic cases or with fixed braces as additional or combined treatment.
Advantages of removable braces:
- Ideal for kids and teenagers
- Ideal for adults as a retainer after fixed dental braces
- Clear removable braces are invisible
- Easy to clean
- Dental crowns – If teeth are severely damaged and can’t be treated with fillings, crowns may be the best option.
They are like caps that cover the tooth and protect against further damage while also improving your smile.
- Dental bridges – bridges are comprised of a prosthetic tooth and two crowns. Dental bridges fill the gaps caused by missing teeth.
Together with a dental crown, they provide an effective solution to tooth loss and unsightly gaps in your smile.
- Dentures – these tooth replacements are common treatments for missing teeth. If you are not an ideal candidate for implants, your dentist may suggest dentures.
Dentures can be fixed or removed and can be used to replace multiple or missing teeth on the upper or lower jaw.
- Dental implants are titanium posts fixed into your jaw and topped with natural-looking crowns to make them a more permanent and natural solution to tooth loss.
- Tooth coloured fillings. Tooth coloured fillings are excellent for hiding minor imperfections on your teeth.
Because tooth coloured fillings are composed of a resin material that matches your tooth, they are a more aesthetically pleasing alternative to gold or silver amalgam fillings.
- Smile correction. Smile correction is a combined, synergistic treatment which chooses from all our cosmetic services to create the package perfect for improving your smile.
As you can see, cosmetic dentistry at Thornton Dental offers many procedures to enhance your smile.
Some of these treatments can also improve your health and bite! If you think you need or want, cosmetic dental procedures, give us a call!
Why Choose Thornton Dental?
Our mission is to make dentistry affordable, without sacrificing quality of care.
- We focus on patient care
- Exceptional infection control
- Friendly, approachable and experienced team
- Child-friendly and relaces environment
- Patient comfort, safety, and complete satisfaction are our goals
- Customised care tailored to your specific needs
- Integrity, high standards, premium quality materials
- Anxiety control and pain management
Thornton Dental has been serving the community of Thornton, Beresfield, Tarro, Woodberry, East Maitland, Chisholm, Raworth, Green hills, Metford, Ashtonfield, Tenambit, Morpeth, Lorn and surrounding areas of Maitland.
Call (02) 4966 2996 or visit us at 9/1 Taylor Ave. in Thornton.