The good news is, Thornton Dental offers conscious sedation for patients who want to feel comfortable and relaxed throughout their treatment.
There are several types of conscious sedation that let you relax or even sleep during treatment.
Thornton Dental provides a pain-free and pleasant dental experience using advanced conscious sedation methods.
What is Conscious Sedation?
Conscious sedation, as the name implies, doesn’t put you to sleep. You stay fully conscious while the dentist performs the procedure.
A measured mixture of nitrous oxide, also referred to as “laughing gas”, and oxygen will make you feel a bit lightheaded and in a relaxed state while you undergo the treatment.
The medication mixture provides a calming effect only and doesn’t prevent you from communicating with your dentist.
The Advantages of Conscious Sedation Dentistry
- Works right away
- Stimulates a deep relaxation state
- Keeps you comfortable, even you undergo a lengthy procedure
- Reduces gag reflex
- Helps in managing pain or discomfort
- Allows for multiple dental procedures in one appointment
- Shortens memory of the procedure
- Effects wear off easily
- Less discomfort after treatment
- Very minimal side effects
- Guarantees a pleasant dental experience for you
Anxiety and Fear Management at Thornton Dental
Many individuals are still afraid of visiting a dental clinic, even if it is necessary to protect their smile from destructive dental anomalies.
This makes them unable to get the dental treatment they need. Thornton Dental takes pride in providing our patients with pain-free, comfortable dental care.
That’s why aside from including conscious sedation methods in our treatment, we also have developed other helpful services to ensure that every time you visit us, you leave our office with a positive feeling.
- A gentle touch – all our staff and doctors are trained to pay close attention to patient comfort and diminish any potential for pain and discomforts of any kind.
- Oral sedatives – for slightly nervous patients, oral sedatives can help. Oral sedatives are ideal for patients who don’t require inhalation sedation during the procedure.
- Relaxing environment – our modern yet pleasant dental office is designed to provide patients with a comfortable and relaxing atmosphere.
- We strive to search for and offer instruments or devices that deliver comfortable numbing for our anxious patients.
Dentistry is nothing to be afraid of. Our treatments and programs are designed to improve your overall wellbeing, so put aside your fear and enjoy the benefits of a brighter, healthier smile.
New Patients Promotions
- Pay No Gap: No Gap for dental checkup, clean, fluoride & 2 x-rays (with any health insurance)
- No Health Insurance: Only $145 ($95 for kids) for Checkup, Clean & Fluoride
To learn more about our conscious sedation methods in Thornton, call us on (02) 4966 2996 or visit us at 9/1 Taylor Ave in Thornton.